CFP® > Guidelines for Using the CFP® Marks
Guidelines for Using the CFP® Marks
FPSB owns the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® and relevant trademarks outside the United States. FPAT has been authorized to use them in Taiwan. When using or reproducing the CFP® trademark, individuals, institutions, and media outlets must strictly abide by relevant CFP® trademark usage specifications and reproduction guidelines established by the CFP Board, so as to avoid diminishing the value of the trademarks or violating rules and guidelines regarding usage of the CFP® marks stipulated by FPSB.
There are three CFP® certification trademarks:
CFP® Word Marks
- Always use all capital letters followed by the ® symbol in superscript, for example, “CFP® professionals” and “CFP® certified”
- Never use a period at the end of the trademark
- Always use the trademark with one of the CFP Board’s approved nouns, for example, “CFP® professional,” “CFP® practitioner,” “CFP® International certified financial planner,” etc.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®
- Always use all capital letters followed by the ® symbol in superscript, for example, “CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® certified”
- Always use the trademark with one of the CFP Board’s approved nouns, for example, “CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional”
CFP® Mark Logo
- Always keep the three components of the logo, which are the flame, “CFP” and the ® symbol
- Always reproduce the logo from original artwork
- Never alter or modify any part of the logo
How to use the CFP® trademarks
- Valid CFP® holders:
After a CFP® professional is authorized to use the certification trademarks, he/she must strictly abide by the rules and guidelines regarding use of CFP® Marks when using or reproducing the trademarks. One may refer to the CFP® Trademark Usage Guidelines to ensure proper use. To print the trademarks on business cards, please refer to Trademark Usage Examples.
- Training Institutions:
Education providers approved FPAT may use or reproduce the CFP® trademarks upon authorization. Institutions may refer to trademark usage guidelines for education providers. CFP Marks are protected by trademark laws. Approved education providers must always abide by relevant rules and guidelines.
The media may use the CFP® trademarks in publication upon authorization. Media outlets are encouraged to review relevant CFP® usage guidelines for use in electronic media. Please thoroughly review relevant guidelines to avoid violations against the trademark usage rules. If any trademark is used without authorization, FPAT will take all applicable legal actions to protect the CFP® trademarks.